Sunday, April 26, 2009

E-nterview

My answers to questions that Teach For India posed to all Fellows through an email interview recently.


a. What has inspired you to join Teach For India?

My education has provided me the platform for the successes in my life -- by championing education, we are directly participating in a socio-economic cause that leads to the strengthening of our individuals, nation and society. Additionally, the mission, vision and rubric of the TFI movement resonate with who I am. While there are many inspirations, the key has been a desire to make a small but meaningful difference.


b. How would you define the power of the Teach For India movement?

Teach For India is a structured program that revolves around the vision of transformed social change. The power of the Teach For India movement is that it aims to brings about a lasting systemic and programmatic difference -- and this is very achievable as TFI puts to use our collective strengths together while maximizing the change we lead.


c. What do you hope to achieve for yourself in the next two years?

A deep sense of satisfaction tops the list -- the heartwarming respect and thank you that you receive by working with small children puts a smile on your face which brightens up your entire day like nothing else can. Additionally, TFI is a huge opportunity to learn along the way and I hope to build on my confidence, leadership and inter-personal skills. Moreover, I will gain essential grassroot-level inputs to realize my long term career goal of being a social entrepreneur.

1 comment:

  1. Was there also a personal interview? just curious on how rigorous the selection process is :) .. I liked the last bit the most: "realize my long term career goal of being a social entrepreneur."!

    ReplyDelete